By using that title, I truly am dating and aging myself. For those of you who are young, that was a line from a famous commercial for a detergent in the 1970s. But I digress. Lately my coworker and I have had a fairly regular routine of ordering Chinese takeout – we have it delivered to us at work. We get a lot – enough that it lasts us for at least two meals. Besides the food, I also order a package of Chinese crispy noodles for Boris, one of my seventeen-month old cats. And we also order extra fortune cookies. We have had quite a few good ones lately. Some are serious, some are profound and some are just silly. I thought I would share some of them with you today.
- If something is worth fighting for, fight,
- Now is the time to pursue a new hobby.
- Confidence of success is almost success.
- Your modesty will shame those with lesser knowledge.
- A stranger is a friend you haven’t met yet.
- Do what you wish, as long as it does not harm anyone.
- A good evening is one spent in good company.
- A man without aim is like a clock without hands. As useless if it turns as if it stands.
- You will enjoy razor sharp spiritual vision today.
- Your future is right next to you.
- Blank. No words at all. Just lottery numbers on the back.
- My personal favorite – You like Chinese food
What funny or relevant fortunes have you gotten? Please, share!