“…Lord, I was born a ramblin’ man…”

hands with latex gloves holding a globe with a face mask
Photo by Anna Shvets on Pexels.com

“…tryin’ to make a living and doing the best I can…”

These are crazy times, for sure.  What is going on right now is something we’ve never seen before, nor did we ever think we would see.  Normally, I am a fairly positive person, and I try to see the good in people, things, in a situation.  But now, with this – it is hard.

When I say “rambling” I am referring to the thoughts in my mind.  I have been all over the place lately.  Jeff and I went out to a very nice local restaurant on Friday night, to celebrate his birthday.  We had a very nice time, the food was delicious and I would say the night was an absolute success.  Yet, we had to decide whether we wanted to be outside,  in tents/gazebos – or inside, with tables spaced further apart than anyone would have liked.  Here in Scranton, we are in the middle of a somewhat heat-wave, so we opted for inside.   Me, being the one who is always warm (even in winter) – we opted for the table near the air conditioner.  Yes, we were cooler than others – but we didn’t hear the piped-in Italian music as easily as if we had been seated elsewhere.  It is what it is, right?  Yes.  We ordered dessert to take home, and as we were leaving – we posed at their outside area, by a beautiful fountain.  The waitress who took our photo asked if we wanted to remove our masks, and we probably should have, for photo-views, but we didn’t – we kept our masks on, because this is the time we are living in.

My nephew was supposed to have graduated high school on June 9th.  Of course, that did not happen.  He was supposed to have a rescheduled Prom on July 30th – that too was cancelled.  As of right now, his graduation ceremony is scheduled for August 4th, outside – with social distancing, so – some of our family will not be able to be there.  We have our fingers and toes crossed that this will happen, but at this point we are more hoping he will be able to start his college classes on August 31st.  He is going for a Hospitality Major.  If they cancel on-site classes, he will either be unable to start college, or he will have to totally redo his entire schedule.  Is this a mess or what?

And then, we have my youngest son, Chris and his soon-to-be bride, Bre.  These two kids, well – they are young adults now, turning twenty-five this year – have been together for nine years.  They literally grew up together.  Their long-awaited wedding is this Fall, at the beginning of November.  We have no idea if the area where their wedding is being held will be free of restrictions by the time they take their vows.  It is truly a nerve wracking time.  What other choice do we have but to be as positive as we can, and just hope things happen on time?  As it stands right now, they will barely be able to honeymoon anyplace – Bre is an RN taking care of Covid patients daily, and her hospital has even more strict travel restrictions in place than local, state and federal officials.  All we can do is say a prayer, cross our fingers and hope for the best that things go the way we all want them to.

The one absolute miracle happy moment for our family is Leroy!  I fostered him on a Wednesday afternoon, and took him to my son and daughter in law’s right away as I was going there to celebrate Kevin’s birthday.  They didn’t know I was coming with him, but the minute they saw him – it seemed like within seconds – they were in love.  In that moment he became theirs, even if they didn’t realize it at the time.  Amanda is very observant, and she noticed something more was wrong with him than the chest cold and the healing back leg.  They ended up bringing him to their Vet, and he was diagnosed with a diaphragmatic hernia.  This is a very serious condition, and he was very young – he was less than twelve weeks old at the time.  There were a lot of back and forth conversations, vet visits, many tears and worry beyond words.  There was a car ride back to Scranton and a transport to Cornell University Veterinary Medical Center.  All this ended up with the most beautiful outcome – Leroy is just fine!  He went home to his Mom and Dad the other day.  He will have to stay kind of still and quiet in a cage for a few days.  He is not happy about that.  He wants to be a kitten!  He is a little miracle, a big fighter for his tiny size.  We are thrilled with him, and just look – isn’t he perfect?  We think so!

No photo description available.







Published by lifeissmashingalways

58 year old Mom with three great sons, and SIX great cats and their wonderful Dad, Jeff... LISA is my name. Life Is Smashing Always comes from the letters in my name...

Leave a comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: